Friday, November 6, 2009

The Other Side Of The Road

FF
This morning’s walk was on the other side of the road I normally go to near Buffalo Creek. I was treated to a Leaden Flycatcher doing his morning stretching and general tidy-up.
FF
Leaden Flycatcher Myiagra rubecula Male
FF
FF
FF
FF
FF
FF
FF
As I moved from the Open Woodland to the Vine Forest a pair of Rose-crowned Fruit-Doves landed not far and after I spooked them I was able to keep track of them by following their flight and then listening to the quiet “cooing” they made trying to hook-up again.
FF
Rose-crowned Fruit-Dove Ptilinopus regina
FF
FF
FF
After annoying them for an hour or so I ran into another Northern Fantail starting to nest. This must be the fifth nest I have seen.
FF
Northern Fantail Rhipidura rufiventris
FF
FF
I then walked to the Mangroves and spotted a unusual neighbour who has such a beautiful little song.
FF
Green-backed Gerygone
Gerygone chloronota
FF
FF
The White Mangrove was in flower and I enjoyed the Aroma Therapy without any pesky mosquitoes ruining the solitude.
FF
White Mangrove Avicennia marina
FF
FF
FF

No comments: