Sunday, January 12, 2020

Restart 2020:Afternoon Walks

It's been a while since my last meanderings, but I must start afresh as part of some resolution to talk or write more for my own satisfactions.

On my walk at the beach today and after Tropical Cyclone Claudia, I was amazed at the changes in beach topography. The whole zone  underwater at high tide was completely flat. Many of the quite deep channels were no longer present. This must affect the seashore birdies who I often saw hunting in those channels.

Also the vine forest adjacent to the beach is just starting to have a few flowers: such as the Wild Poinsettia Euphorbia heterophylla Euphorbiaceae & Wild Orange Capparis umbonata Capparaceae. At times the air is filled with intoxicating sent of the Native Jasmine Jasminum elongatum Oleaceae. A beautiful place to walk as well as educational.

Native Jasmine Jasminum elongatum Oleaceae
Wild Poinsettia Euphorbia heterophylla Euphorbiaceae
Wild Orange Capparis umbonata Capparaceae



No comments: