Monday, December 22, 2008

The Westerlies Have Returned

FF
The westerlies have returned and turned the beach into a surf zone if your game. The sun is back, the mozzies have been snapped up by the Bee-eater Merops apiaster whose snapping noise is a most welcome sound, as I figure one more mosquito has bitten the bullet.
FF

FFI saw a pair of Emerald Dove Chalcophaps indica in the vine forest as fruit is everywhere although the pair I saw seems to prefer the ground.
FF

FF
I caught a small Lemon shark Negaprion brevirostris off the beach in the surf zone. I was surprised to see many small sharks working in close to the beach & in such rough conditions.
FF

FF
While I was fishing off of the beach a very large Caspian Tern Sterna caspia was also fishing. This bird was an excellent diver as well as hovering effortlessly when lining up a target.
FF

FF FF

No comments: